[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why Champions?

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anja Heibloem-Stroud <Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx>, showgsdlistnew <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 06:14:51 -0500 (CDT)

=====================
From: Anja Heibloem-Stroud <Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Apr 06 00:27:38 CDT 2006
To: showgsdlistnew <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Why Champions?

Reading about pillars of the breed the one thing that came to my mind was why
breeding and finishing Champions was the deciding factor as to whether or not
you were a pillar of the breed? What about all those wonderful dogs that work
for a living? Be it herding (in real life), a police dog, a seeing eye dog,
obedience or gee, a good family companion?   Anja
Anja Heibloem-Stroud
www.pet-net.net/hausmekon/

I have to agree here. If I got real working dogs out my lines I would be
thrilled. Therapy dogs, K9 police dogs, dogs leading the blind....who can not
led themselves.  Hey I would love to breed Champions, champions that work would
be even better. Give me 1 great police dog...and I would be thrilled. K9 units
are the smartest, most loyal, loving but serious dogs I have ever seen, they
would (and some have) jumped in front of a danger to their handler and
sacrificed themselves to safe their partner.  Talk about nerves, temperament. I
also have to hand it to the many successful SAR dog's out there.   Many of
these dogs are the not Champion material due to their conformation....but
wouldn't it be lovely if your Ch also went out at 2 in the morning to search
for someones loved one that was lost.

Kris Kudel
Vom Kristallaugen Shepherds      Visit http://mysite.verizon.net/krisbob1/