[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who's buying your puppies?????  THIS IS SERIOUS!!!

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Lawmanshepherds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:27:36 EDT

I know how heatbreaking this is.   I DO believe that almost ALL of the
breeders on THIS list would take any of their dogs back in a heartbeat, if the
buyer
were to give the dog up AND the breeder was notified.   Yes, there are bad
apples around, but most of what I have found (and I ALWAYS try to locate the
breeder when I'm told about a dog needing rehoming) is that the breeder IS a
breeder that has bred a litter or two and is nowhere to be found.   There are
'some' large volume GSD breeders, some breeders that just don't care, but I
think
you are castigating the wrong group.   Many of these breeders do take in GSDs
that have been given up to shelters or abandoned.   I wish my circumstances
are that I could.   Maybe when I stop the "gonad nazis" (thank you Norma (L)),
turn my energy on developing more GSD rescues somehow in this state that soon
won't even allow Rescue Shelters.

I feel your passion, but the mistake you are making falls right into the
hands of those who would have us not own ANY dogs, That we, breeders, breed all
these dogs, overpopulating the shelters, and don't care where our pups go, and
won't rescue.   No matter that the irresponsible owners, who most of the time
DO buy from breeders who are not as careful as most of us, are the cause.   Of
my litters, MANY went into pet homes.   Of all my litters, all still are in
their original homes and I celebrate with their owners all the time that they
are such good owners.

Stormy Hope
FairhopeGerman Shepherds
www.fairhopegsd.com

In a message dated 6/13/07 6:03:19 PM, Lawmanshepherds@xxxxxxx writes:

> Has anyone gone on to Petfinders.com lately and looked to see how many
> German Shepherd Dogs are in rescue and available for  adoption???  It blew
> my mind!
>    As you skim  through the countless photographs you will see many of them
> are pure bred German  Shepherds. Petfinders is just one resource for
> adoptable
> dogs,  there are  several.

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org
S.P. Region GSDCA RALEEF Representative

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.