[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who's buying your puppies????? THIS IS SERIOUS!!!

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lawmanshepherds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:17:01 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with you.  Breeders NEED to be responisble even AFTER pups leave.
Buyers should be screened in order to ensure a forever home for pups.
Personally, I send out a detailed questionare with over 20 questions, ask for
vet refernce, 2 personal references (which I check), sell on LIMTED
registration, spay/neuter contract with $$$ that the buyer must pay IF they do
not send me spay/netuer bill by 14 months old, requirement to attend Puppy
Kindergarten AND Basic Obedience.  They MUST come out and INTERACT with ALL my
dogs will ALL memebers of therir family BEFORE leaving a deposit (I usually
have 2/3 inside when they come to see their reaction to multiple barking
dogs),,Yes, I get more than most for pups, and usually have all my pet pups
sold by a week old, BUT by buyers are screened fully, I keep in close contact
throughout the pups life, take phone calls at all hours for questions,
concerns, or just to chat AFTER the pups leave.  I am told by more than one
puppy buyer
 that i am the FIRST breeder that ever gave them a questionare, and asked for
references,and actually have asked them to come out to meet my dogs which in
the end helps me place pups (according to quite a few of my puppy buyers,
people are just quoting prices, and talling them to mail a deposit if they want
a pup).  So I hope I have done all I can to keep my own dogs out of rescues and
shelters, and IF a puppy buyer ever did call me, I would be the one taking the
dog in, never asking rescue since it is MY responsiblity

Ann Marie
  www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
  Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC OFA
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC (Group placer)
  Breeder/Owner of
  Ch Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek (Multiple Group Placer)
  Amari's Cinderlla von Hornberger (pointed @ 11 months)

photos & more.