[ SHOWGSD-L ] Whoops forgot to put a subject in that last post

  • From: Cedarsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:59:57 EDT

This is from someone I know personally so it is a safe way to help  the
animals. This gal has one of my dogs and I can vouch for her that  she will
do as
she says she will. Try to send her something that will  help the animals. If
everyone gave just a dollar or two it would fill  her trailer to overflowing.

****************************

We  all know that Hurricane Katrina has left heartache, pain, diseases and
homelessness in epic proportions in the Gulf.  It's horrific for  those  poor
people - but it's also been an extremely sad situation for  the animals  -
dogs, cats, horses, wildlife and livestock.

As a  pet owner,  horseback rider and a person that believes strongly in
these
creatures that  enrich our lives, I've struggled to find a way to not  only
help the humans,  but to help the animals too.

My local  Sheriff's Department has asked for  assistance in coordinating the
purchase and delivery of supplies to  veterinarians in Mississippi, who  are
in desperate need of help.  I  have offered my services next  Thursday 9/15
be a part of the Sheriff's  Department Convoy.  I  have a two horse trailer
and my truck that I  would like to fill with  supplies (hay, grain, dog/cat
foods/crates/pet  litter).  I am  coming to you to ask if you could please
donate a $1.00  minimum to  help pay for these things and to help pay for my
gas out and   back.  I will also ask for donations from my local pet stores
and  hay  suppliers.

Please help - do it in the name of YOUR pets.   If you are  interested, my
address is listed below.
I must have all  donations to me  by Wednesday night 9/14.  I will take the
money I  get, go to Pet-Smart  - and load up for Thursday.

P.S.  If you  know anyone else that may  want to donate, please feel free to
forward  to my e-mail.

Thank  you,
Teresa deHaan
Landstart  Logistics/AGENT PCF