[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who you gonna call?

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 20:53:32 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2009 8:34:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
What  does the FCI have to do with it?  Do they put up the  money?   That
would sure relieve any concerns over the GSDCA footing the   bill.  Does
the FCI
share in the work, profits, costs,  insurance,  management, or other work?

I assume our board has  these answers.  What I know, is  nothing. I just
heard it was  decided the GSDCA is doing it.  It surprises  me that before
decision of that size nothing was presented to the membership.  I do  have
faith
in our board, and know they are working hard to do the  right  thing. I do,
however, believe they should involve or at least  inform the  membership
before the assets of OUR club are  involved.

As we learned today, the FCI has NOTHING to do with it.

It is a  Schutzhund trial (WUSV), following our National and the
Centennial Celebration in 2013.   And not even the first one, one was  hosted
by USCA
last year, according to Julie Degen. How much did USCA spend last  year?

I have not heard a word about it until Mary Gattone mentioned there wasn't
even enough funding to send the WDA team to competition this year, and that
 there is no disclosure of the WDA membership or treasury.  So the  GSDCA
donated some money.  And there were some private donations.

Then we heard the GSDCA is hosting this World competition, because they are
 the WUSV recognized organization.  At a possible $250,000 cost.  For
Schutzhund  only.  Darn!  That will sure take a  BITE out of OUR pockets.

What is the expected return for this investment?

Ileana