[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who to vote for & those that are running

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx, The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:19:34 -0700 (PDT)

The Board was always told around 3600. We were told we usually gained and lost
around 300 each year.
Joan
Joan F. Fox
website: http://www.campaignersgsds.com
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 4023
Home & Fax: 440-543-9165
Cell: 440-759-4119

________________________________
From: Chris S. Kimerer <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Who to vote for & to those that are running
To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, August 13, 2010, 5:58 PM

There certainly has been a lot of discussion about Bio's, questionaires etc.,
and those are good ways to get a feel for who to vote for.  But here is another
idea.  Go back and read the Board Minutes, I just did, for the last 3 hours,
since 2006 forward.  Due to all the back and forth with the lawsuit, money,
trophie donations, who said what, who did  what etc. it is a VERY valuable tool
and gives one a great perspective of the current and past people.  Dont just
skim over them, try and take the time to read how people voted, or, did they
take the easy way out and abstained?  Sometimes there are valid cicumstances
for
abstaining, but most ot the time, it is the easy way out and not wanting to be
held accountable later on.

It was really interesting to see the decline in the finances.  Back in 2006 we
were fiscally very sound, as well as 2007.  Several great financial incentive
programs were introduced, 2 major ones being Purina and Royal Canin.  Both not
only helped the National Club, but the Regional Clubs got large money support
from both those major contracts.

Regarding the Regional Clubs, in 2006 there were 105, in 2007 there were 104,
same for 2008, than, in 2009 down to 98 and 2010 is also 98 (although 1 more
just folded, so it is 97)

It was stated that a settlement was offered in the lawsuit and that the
executive committee would not settle, as per the Board Minutes, the reason for
that was not the amount, it was the stipulation of retaining the membership,
and
the by-laws would not allow for that.  You can read it for yourself in the 2009
Board Minutes.

The fiscal reports were certainly good in 2006, 2007.  Trouble started in 2008,
don't take my word for it, read it in the Board Minutes.  I am not a
politically
motivated person, but the current status of the club forces one to at least try
and get some of the facts straight.  The reason I started reading the Board
Minutes was to see what the true membership #'s were, as well as the # of
Regional Clubs.  The other info I learned and found out was enlightening to say
the least.  So I encourage everyone that has the time to go back, read the
minutes, and find out who stands for what.  It does give one a pretty good
idea.

I would like to say, the time and dedication it takes to be a board member,
director or committee person is tremendous and often times not appreciated and
too many times critisized.  I would like to say thank you to those that want to
serve and take that kind of abuse.  But please remember, the Membership and the
Regional Clubs are the lifeline of the club, if you do not have that main
interest in mind, do not put your name on the ballot.

Thanks for reading

Sincerely

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

Ch. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist
Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA

is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

any
post.

MANNER