[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who says it's a show puppy?

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:21:15 -0700

Barbara,
You are right, for the most part.  A puppy is only a potential show dog,
until you get all the teeth, testicles, and ears, and development has slowed
with maturation.  A breeder can have a really good idea as to length/ angle
of upper arm and shoulder blade when they are "wet", which is a
constant...but after that puppies can change, daily
We look at our puppies (evaluate them) at birth, 4 weeks, 8 weeks 12 and
16.  Again at 6 months, and not again until 18-24 months.
We have "potential" show prospects....at early ages.....we have seen some
mighty strange things happen with older pups, both good and not so good. A
"show puppy".....nope, not until he is much older
Kathy Tank
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WEBSITE PUP-DATED AUG 12, 2008