[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who knows what lurks in the minds of men?

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:02:48 +0000 (UTC)

Yes Penny, it's all about ego, many are in denial about this fact, and yes,
most judges are not stupid......but many are weak, some are insecure, some
want to "join the crowd" by putting up the so-called winning dog...they don't
want to go againt the pick of a popular dog....advertising helps cover up for
weak and or dis-honest judging....they can just put up the dog that always
wins, or worst yet, the handler that always wins....years ago in Utah at a GSD
Specialty show combined with a 3 day all-breed shows....the popular GSD won the
specialty show and went Best in Show all three days...the dog was handled by a
very well known and respected GSD handler.......the judges that put this dog up
all went along with the crowd ( other judges)......let me add, this was a nice
GSD.....but to most observers she was not the best dog all three
days......advertising showed that dog and that handler in advertisements all
throughout the dog world....advertising works......30 seconds during the Super
Bowl on Feb 5th will cost  millions of dollars ...and millions of people will
watch it.....Ed Hill