[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who knows what lurks in the minds of men?

  • From: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lhavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 07:55:58 -0500

I think advertising is not so much "influencing the judge" as letting
PEOPLE KNOW our dogs are out there competing.  Judges aren't stupid;
they realize (like everyone else does) that paid ads can claim
anything they want to claim--they don't mean the claims are true!  I
also believe that there's a mixture of ego and pride in ads; naturally
we want our dogs to win and want the world to know it (the ego.)  And
the child in us is intoxicated with love for our dogs (the pride.)

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog