[ SHOWGSD-L ] Who knew?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:55:06 EDT

In a message dated 3/15/07 7:25:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Yes. Saw  that. I thought everyone was subject to "random" inspections
before, so I  didn't give it a whole lot of thought. Are folks upset about
it?

The AKC came to inspect our kennels here at Asgard. Tedi told the  lady that
her records weren't done yet, so the AKC changed the meeting to a  month later
to allow Tedi to get the records in shape.  Evidently we  learned that if we
co-bred with someone, we had to know where all the puppies  were.  We had some
bitches out on co-ownership, and it is always our  feelings that if someone
owns the bitch, they are in charge.

Tedi got the records in order, and when the representative came back,
everything was fine.  It was triggered by a number of litters we had  nothing
to do
with, but as the co-owner of the bitch, the AKC held us  responsible.  I have
no problem with that.

Remember, if you co-own with someone, you have to keep the records.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/