[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who knew?

  • From: "Joannie" <joank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 06:13:53 -0700

Evan and all,

I too am a supporter of the amateur HANDLED futurity and see it as a means of
getting back to the objectives of the system as it was intended.

OBJECTIVES OF THE FUTURITY SYSTEM

In 1984, The Futurity Re-Evaluation Committee, headed by Connie Beckhardt,
listed
the objectives as follows:

     To bring together each year as many young animals as possible from
different
bloodline combinations so that the fancy can share and learn by the
accomplishments
of each other.

     To provide all club members, large breeders or single puppy owners alike,
the
opportunity to compete year after year under conditions equally favorable to
all.

     To provide an incentive to improve Shepherd bloodlines and add to the
excellence of the breed as a whole.  The Futurities provide the breeder with
the
opportunity to nominate his litter as a statement of faith in his breeding
program.

     To provide a means of early identification to breeders of the strength and
weaknesses of current stud dogs.

     To provide a Judging environment that will promote the highest level of
sportsmanship, thereby eliminating direct perceptions of unfairness.

Joannie
Dream Come True GSD - Stockton CA - Home of Jaccar-Rivendell Brianne HT, PT,
TC,
CGC, ROM; CH Dream Come True-Rivendell Fandango HT, TC; RBOM CH DCT-Tebe Nobe
Me &
Bobby McGee, HT,TC and too many others to list!
http://www.dct-norhaus.blogspot.com/