[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who is Russ Osburn - board candidate?

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:43:33 -0700 (PDT)

I have to know why experience in the AKC conformation ring is important. I know
Russ has handled dogs both in conformation and Schutzhund. They handle them on
a lead just like they do in the AKC ring. I don't know if running in circles
has much to so with decision making. If you ask me we have had plenty of
circling on the board lately :0)

  I personally would love to see someone on the board with no judging
assignments wanted or dogs that need to be finished. No favors owed or given.

  How refreshing would that be.

  Terry who does not judge a person by the address of his dogs parents
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  It has been pointed out to me that the advantage of electing someone
who has at least some experience in our conformation rings is that such an
individual would at least then understand and have empathy with our
situation...and that is true. So, while experience as an exhibitor is a
good thing,
I still maintain that it is not enough when it is the only qualification
a candidate has.
So - here are some qualities we should look for (only partly tongue
in cheek) and not in any particular order:

1. ability to tell the truth without fear of reprisal
2. willingness to explain choices and voting record (even
congress has to do this)
3. fairmindedness and approachability
4. experience in the AKC conformation ring
5. some idea on how to run a meeting
6. at least a minimal background in business of some kind, that
background including some decision-making responsibility
7. a reputation for being honest and trustworthy and not a
remittance man type
8. someone who has demonstrated an ability to be trusted and who
will act on behalf of the whole (the club) and not strictly for
his or her own benefit

Any more?
Peggy

Building a website is a piece of cake.