[ SHOWGSD-L ] Who is Russ Osburn - board candidate?

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:05:49 -0500

Hi all,

Since several people have asked me about Russ Osburn, I thought I'd share
his bio:

Russ was a member of the Fort Worth German Shepherd Dog Club and the German
Shepherd Dog Club of Dallas with me for many years. He is an advocate of ALL
German Shepherds in all venues. He served as show chairman for our GSDCA
specialty one year, and was a board member of the Fort Worth Club for
several years.

Russ has a Masters degree in music education.  He worked in the oil and gas
industry for many years as a contract negotiator working for  Pennzoil and
other companies.

He left a lucrative career in the oil and gas industry to follow his passion
of training and showing German show and working line dogs.

He has been a GSDCA member for many years, and serves the WDA as Regional
Director. He previously served as National Training Director.

Before getting involved with the WDA, Russ was Executive Director of United
Schutzhund Clubs of America, and also has served as Regional Director and
Apprentice Judge.

Russ has shown and qualified over a dozen dogs to National Championships,
and also trained and shown two Universal Siegers:

1999 WDA Universal Seiger, 2000 WDA Universal Vice-Seiger V-Wiso Vom
Landhaus Stephan SchH3, KKL1 'a' Lbz

Universal Sieger and Pan American Champion 7xVA VA1-Triumph's Gucci SchH3,
BHP3, IPO1v

Russ also competes in Dressage with his Thoroughbred, Tommie, and rides his
Tennessee Walking Horse as well.

He now lives in Kansas working for Whirling Thunder Kennels.

His background in negotiations would be an asset to the GSDCA. He can look
at things from all sides and is definitely a director for the people. He is
not afraid to speak his mind when needed, but strives for harmony and
equitable resolution at all times.

I feel that Russ would be a fair, productive board member.

His email address is  <mailto:k9osburn@xxxxxxx> k9osburn@xxxxxxx if you have
questions for him.

 This is my personal opinion and not the opinion or an endorsement by the
GSDCA.

Cyndy Davis

.