[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who is Going to Show a Longcoat

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: oakridgegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 18:46:04 -0400 (EDT)

Well guys, since you are for this class, I sure hope you can make the
National and show your bitch, that way she will be in the National DVD, and
everyone can see her, and maybe that's the push some judges need.  I think  a
lot of judges are scared to put up a coat because they have to explain (as in
 critique) this dog and why is better than the other dogs, and many judges
cant  do that.

So.....go for it!!

For the record, my disagreement has nothing to do with whether dogs are
white, or long coated.  To me, a good dog is a good dog.  We have  mutts at
home, and yes, they are perfect.  We have show dogs, and they are  perfect, a
perfect fit for us.  My disagreement comes from the precedents  that are
being established in our club, and against our standard.

I stand on my  offer, I will pay for a long coat male and a long coat bitch
entry in the  AmBred class, show them where they should be shown.  In a
regular class,  not a made up class.

JMO

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 6/29/2012 4:01:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
oakridgegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have  asked for the class after being ignored in specialty shows. I have
had  wonderful compliments from both judges and people ringside, but never
even  received a reserve. The reality is we put up dogs who are terribly
dirty in  the rear or who can barely be examined due to temperament problems
and
ignore  a coat. I feel an obligation to show since I asked for the class,
though I  havenâ??t made that decision as yet. People wonder why we donâ??t
have
enough  entries in specialties...The snipey comments from some on this list
certainly  make me want to enter the all breed shows, rather than continue
to support the  specialty shows. I mistakenly thought that people who love
the breed could see  a quality animal in spite of the coat, and truly, I
believe those people  exist, but some of the comments on the list disgust me as
if this is some kind  of joke.
Carrie

From: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Friday, June 29, 2012 8:13 AM
Now  that we have a class for longcoats at the National, I am curious to
know who  is going
to show in it at the national? I don't know anyone that  shows and breeds
that has one, except
for me.
Ann
www.edangsd.com
Home of AOE Sel Ex Ch Gilley ROM,Sel  Ex Ch Maxwell,Can GV Sel Ex GCh Kobe
and Sel Ch MmmMmm Good, #1 dam  Muggles, Breeder-owner 0f 88 champions and
24
ROMs.
Proud  receipient of Lloyd Brackett  Award

 is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.