[ SHOWGSD-L ] Who counts first?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 22:00:33 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/2010 2:45:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx writes:
To be  precise, the suit against the five named individuals was dismissed
in
trial court.   Ms Golant then filed in appellate court, and it  was
dismissed there as well.   As was mentioned in previous  posts the suit is
a matter
of public record.   So too are BOTH  dismissals a matter of public record.

You, of course, are  entitled to your opinion; however, according to both
the
trial court and  the appellate court these five individuals were acquitted
(i.e. not guilty  of bad behavior).   Opinion does not constitute TRUTH or
FACT.

The law is very simple. The court found that the suit filed in  Florida was
fine for the club, as the club does business in Florida. The  individuals
have to be served in a suit filed in New York, where the club is
incorporated.  The law suit was upheld in the court of appeals, but the
individuals
were removed.

I now understand the individuals do not want the suit settled,  as they
want to fight it out and are not named.  It is my opinion, and only  my
opinion, that it is in the best interest of our club to settle the suit, no
matter
what an individual thinks might be his or her personal  situation.

I have faith in our board, and urge them to do the right  thing. I know
that is what they always have tried to do, and the entire board  has to put the
club first.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/