[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who changed the rules?

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:01:59 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not a board member but I think I can answer the question.  I  believe
the board voted in July to send a change to the standard to the AKC for
approval.  That was a very short time-frame for the AKC to give permission  for
this to go on this year's ballot.  So my guess is that AKC did not give
permission to the change yet and if they do give permission it will probably be
 included next year on the ballot.

This change being proposed would eliminate the disqualification requirement
 for the GSDCA performance victor/victrix awards.  It would not affect the
disqualification of whites as it is now in the standard.

Tish

In a message dated 9/6/2013 7:56:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
When did  this no longer be a vote to change the DQ of the White   shepherd?

Can a board member tell me when this changed?  I never  heard of this  new
stuff about the ILP or the PAL, which I guess are  the same thing.

I understood we were only being asked to change the DQ  on the whites.

I am so confused.

Evan L.   Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where  Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a  message dated 9/6/13 4:53:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
TISHW@xxxxxxx
writes:

The vote  on the DQ of a white shepherd is a vote to  change the standard.
This is  not a vote to change the  standard.  It is a vote to change the
eligibility requirements  of the top performance awards the GSDCA gives out
at
the  National.  If someone has a dog that resembles a GSD but has no
registration papers on it, the AKC has given them an ILP number based on
the
resemblance (used to be determined by a photo) so that the dog  may be
shown in
performance activities.  It is not an "AKC  registered"  GSD.

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.