[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who asked anyway?

  • From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 07:06:02 -0600

Evan- In partial answer to your question,  Try giving a breed seminar to
prospective judges or to all-breed judges trying to get german shepherd
certification and after using videos and live demonstrations, you then hand
out our present Illustrated Standard and the attendees ask if the I.S. is of
the German Shepherd?  There is a marked difference between todays GSD and
the GSD of 50 years ago when the present I.S. was illustrated.  An example
is when I look at pictures of my first Champions (1968) and present
Champions (2004) there is a difference ,especially in angulation,  that I
think needs to be addressed to bring the German Shepherd into the 21st
century.

Not that there is anything right with that.                   D.D.