[ SHOWGSD-L ] Who asked anyway?

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Elsyd1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:29:03 -0800

Syd posts...

I have given such a breed seminar, the judges were astonished at the  beauty
and "normalness" of the dogs. Bud Drew was visiting friends, and he and  Jim
Hall went with me. Bud had Mr. T, and I brought my Dyna. The judges were
wonderful, they had not realized how beautiful shepherds can be, how
beautiful  the movement, and the demo we did on doubling was very effective:
they (finally) realized how much better they look when doubled. We made an
impression, and that  was good.  Shalom

 Paul opines...

Wowzers Ms Syd...sounds to me like you have a pretty good grasp of the GSD.
Anyone capable of instructing new Judges with teaching and demos should
really help create understanding where it didn't exist before.

That's why I like the IS. It allows you to put words into visual images.
Imagine trying to build a house without being able to see the blueprint? The
IS is a form of blueprint that can assist newbies...Judges or anyone...in
seeing what and where a "stop" is, for example. It puts into visual
context...the 10 to 8 1/2 proportion.

Jeez...all of that knowledge you possess...now if only you could draw!

Paul