[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who asked anyway?

  • From: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:09:07 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Evan,

Please take a moment and look at the drawings in the Standard we are now
passing out to new judges.
Think for  a moment that this is a judge who has not had the privilege of
seeing the " great dogs in your kennel"
Ok... so new judge goes to a show to pass judgement on our breed and spends
time before studying not only the words but more importantly those drawings
and these will stick in his or her mind.  Commendably, this person might
even have a copy of this gem on the table to refer to before starting.
Here you come in one of your splendiferous outfits with one of your "stars"
Guess what you loose!
After gaining your composure you approach the judge with that dreaded
question... "what didn't you like about my dog"
The answer "Well Sir he does not look like the dogs in your Standard"
The judge would be right!

Seriously, we can't expect new people or judges to become educated if we don
t give them tools to do so. We can't preach to them at the Nationals about
what to look for in the ring and them give them a thin pamphlet with dogs
depicted that look nothing like what they are seeing in the ring that day.

This NIS project is of vast importance to our breed and how it is evaluated
and will be so for many, many years.

Every member of the Board is intensely interested in making the NIS a proper
tool for education.

Joan