[ SHOWGSD-L ] Who are you going to call?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:13:58 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/28/12 6:33:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We have  a board running the GSDCA of America and one of their jobs is to
uphold the  standard of the GSDCA, not change parts or pieces that they don't
care for,  without a vote of the membership.

There is a saying, garbage in, garbage out.

What that means is if you start with the wrong premise, the results cannot
be correct.  The board is not given the task to uphold the standard,  that
is the job of the judges. The board is to set the standard.  The board  can
change the standard and there is a process to do that.

The board changed the standard to exclude whites.  They did not uphold  the
standard, or they would have included whites which is what the standard did
 allow at that time. The board put temperament to the forefront. If they
had  just upheld the standard, it would have remained buired in the middle of
the standard.

Never forget that the board is elected to protect the breed. Upholding the
standard is up to us fools who agree to judge the breed to that standard.

And, no, I am not picking on Ann. I have 178 posts tonight and this was
just the one I picked to make my feeble point.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together