[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who are we kidding?

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:42:32 EDT

But they're not promoting aggressiveness (not in their eyes).  They're
promoting the proper character of the breed.  A courageous defender who will
take on
a threat.  And aggression is not a bad thing.  In and of itself, it is
neutral.  It is the way aggression is USED that makes it good or bad.

I also wish you'd stop calling it attack work :-/  The word attack means
something is being proactive in being the (primary) aggressor, and for the dog
in
SchH, this isn't true.

The attack out of the blind?  It's called that because the HELPER is
attacking the HANDLER.  The dog protects the handler and is coming into the
threat.
Aggressor and protector are two different things.

In a message dated 7/25/2007 11:49:03 AM Central Standard Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
but I also think it is  disingenuous to
claim that schutzhund people are not promoting the  aggressiveness of the
dogs.

I ask any schutzhund enthusiast to send me their web site  showing something
other than attack work, in the first picture.

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds
Where it's about function, not flash