[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who Are You Going To Blame

  • From: acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx (Evan Ginsburg),edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showgsd-l)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:58:23 +0000

Evan wrote:
"When WE elect our new board members let's remember who has been open and
aboveboard with us, and who has kept things secret, (even if they tell us when
we call). This is club of members, not a company with secrets. I have never
seen so much done by the Executive Committee and so many closed meetings."

I couldn't agree more,FB, I stand firmly Evan on this one. Since the January
board meeting, members on the list have called for more timely and genuine
communications from the board to the list. It hasn't happended often enough.
Only when a tome of posts are sent regarding same, has any responses come
forth. And, even most of those contained basically the "wait and see, coming
soon, take a deep breath, you'll know soon, trust me"!

When issues/questions are bough forth by the membership, even if it is only one
member, it is only common courtesy to respond as truthfully (based upon the
info on hand) and timely as possible. The stoic silence is deadly to the proper
functioning of the Club. Example, the "Closed Meetings" results of the January
and April meeting were not addressed in either BOG. Not a hint of what the
results were in the Hunte concession dealings and how they may impact on the
Club By-Laws or the fiduciary business of the Club were ever given. We still
don't know!

The Club appears to be running as did the old Hague administration in Jersey
City, NJ. And those of you who studied political science a while back, will
remember that Richard Dailey modeled his Chicago machine on the same
principles. One of which was when asked a tough question, and you have the
floor talk about anything that circumnavigates the question, until the
questioner says "that doesn't answer my question". To which the politian
answers, "I'm getting to that", then goes on talking. Skirting the issue or
question, until the questioner gets tired of asking and the question or issue
is forgottened. Then, the politician says, "Next question."

As, Evan suggugested, at the next election,we MUST remember those who were open
on addressing the critical issues (and you should always keep in mind what
those issues were) and those who were circumventing the issues or were silent
altogether!

To current Officers and Board members and to those who are anticipating running
for office, I present the old adage: SILENCE IS PREGNANT BY MANY FATHERS!
Think about it!

Tony C
Not Forgetting.

From: ELG440@xxxxxxx