[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Whites in SAR, Service etc.

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 06:56:44 -0700

The truth is that a dog with floppy ears, screw tail, poor proportions,
yellow eyes, bad eyes, etc can still function well for something as long as
the temperament is right and the owner wants to work. That does not make it
an "ideal" GSD.
That is really the question - What is a GSD? And if you are breeding GSDs,
should you not be striving towards the ideal?

We act like the GSD was designed by the GSDCA - WRONG! It is the most
popular breed in the world and what choices the GSDCA membership makes in
regards to an AKC standard will, in truth, only affect a very small
population of dogs in the world. And in case you have not noticed the point
schedules around this country, that small group is getting smaller and
smaller - regardless of how important we feel we are.

Ruth

http://showgsd.org/mail.html