[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Whites

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 12:19:01 -0500 (EST)

Yup.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 2/8/2012 11:47:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I do  have one question tho.....if someone gets a PAL number on a dog that
isn't  really a purebred GSD, is that dog now eligible for the Obedience
Victor  award?
--Regina
3 GSDs in Somerset, NJ

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at  11:11 AM, Pharaohsrevenge <
pharaohsrevenge@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

> > I donâ??t understand why people are mixing performance  and conformation?
> Performance dogs excel at their sport, they donâ??t  have to be intact and
> honestly most of them are not conformation dogs.  The GV title is to award
> their achievement as  a great  performance dog, period.  As long as they
are
> pedigreed GSDs that  are AKC registered, why shouldnâ??t they have equal
> rights in the  performance ring at the National? Does their color or
floppy
> ears  inhibit their greatness in performance or discount the fact that
they
>  earned the award by being the best that day? Does having a DQ make them
any
> less a GSD? Iâ??ve never been at a performance event where a  conformation
> judge went over my dog to deem if it could compete and  win in
performance.
> Never seen a wicket  come out and a dog  excused for being too large or DQ
â??d
> because they had an undershot jaw.  Listen to yourselves! Performance is
not
> for judging breeding stock,  conformation is. Max built the GSD to be a
> versatile,  working
>  dog not to be a beauty superstar, the DQs came way  later. Remember â?? No
> good dog, can be a bad colour.â??
>  >
> > Donna
>  >

 is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.