[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Whites

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:25:47 -0500

Well gee- I was just trying to separate genetic fact from fallacy. Sorry for
your thinking its fluff. I won't bother anymore then.  It's not worth being
attacked for sharing the facts because they don't agree with someone's
agenda/opinion.
I just honestly believed that people would want to base their opinions and
ideas on now proven facts rather than 50 year old theories which were based on
a wrong idea due to the limited knowledge of genetics of the day.    I know
many breeders & exhibitors don't have time nor interest for reading scientific
research articles & papers and the like. Not everyone can memorize hundreds of
pedigrees/litters for genetic charting.  Of those who can and have time for
both don't always care to share their hard-earned knowledge with others. Maybe
I was just taught that information sharing would benefit the breed as well as
the breeders who use the collective information because everyone would be
producing healthier & better looking dogs overall-- all for using that shared
knowledge.
Not that I'm for the change of standard as it is worded either regardless of if
I like whites or not; we'd just be back at it in 5 years to correct all the
ambiguities (like seasonal shedding and so -is a not black nose a serious fault
or a DQ(???) does woolly mean too long an undercoat or what- for starters!) it
would just be a waste of time money & effort to do over so soon as the AKC
allowed.
Not like any bylaw or standard change will ever happen with "voter turnout" so
low...  I don't know why anyone thinks anything will happen from all this or
anything else as it obviously isn't worth even voting to most (over 60%!!) of
the membership as it already is before all this mess.
Have a nice evening-
Jen P & the Pack still naïve as hell actually thinking people would rather
have the truth be told but it's okay like that. I never feel silly romping with
my dogs then

JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911
www.jaydeesphs.com
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!
AKC Breeder of Merit