[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White patche CLASS?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "barbara17236@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, charangsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:32:41 -0500

At the rate I am noticing "white" on the chests of "colored" show dogs, we may
need a special class in years to come.  I remember when you rarely saw white on
 the chests. I can guess why, but I will just keep that to myself.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd

From: Joan Fox <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: farmdogforever
<farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>;

Just my opinion for what it is worth. ANY change to any breeds standard should
only be even considered if
that change is done to improve or correct the type of the breed.

Cosmetics do not fit in this category.

Joan F. Fox

http://www.campaignersgsds.com

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:24 AM, Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

If one was "fault-judging", I suppose white patches might bother some.
To me, it's all part of the big picture.  Sables can disguise white
more than other colors, as the white color seems to blend in better;
in a solid black, it will show, glaringly.  Who cares?  Does it have
anything to do with movement?  NO.  Color never does.  Of course, if
some wished, I imagine there could be a special class for white
patches at The National.  (Sarcasm intended.)  Heck, we already have
it for coats.  I still don't "get" that one.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever
Member, GSDCA since 1981