[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White Obedience Victrix

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:18:16 -0400 (EDT)

I know a very good dog man who says "train, don't complain".

Seriously, some of the conformation folks should walk over to the
performance venues and hear the complaining; grass to long/wet, goose poop on
the
grass, exhibitors sitting to close, breed rings/food/other distractions too
close, sheep crazy/too light, judge must be blind and on and on and  on.

Our OV and her owner did a fantastic job.  If they do it again and  keep a
dog w/o a DQ from the top spot...well "train, don't compalin".

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 10/16/2013 11:00:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Well at least he was able to win it once after being denied the
opportunity last year.  If he keeps showing with white dogs, it may be a  long
time
before the Obedience Grand victor/victrix is awarded to anyone.  Shame.

Cindy

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:39 AM,  "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx"
<Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Denise, you ask "why let them enter?".

Again, "Remember the dogs w/ DQs were still eligible for AKC  awards,  high
Combined in OB, High in Trial for herding/agility and  THAT'S why people
who
had dogs w/ DQs still entered, for the  qualifying scores/runs, for the
OTCH points etc. And yes, we took  their money and yes, their scores were
recorded and the dogs  competing got all of the AKC awards they were
eligible
for."

I don't know how active you are in performance but there are  all sorts of
awards at many trials, for example, the Golden or  Poodle people as well as
GSD  people may sponsor High Scoring for  that breed, High Scoring Rescue,
now
we see  High Scoring ILP/PAL.  You can make up any criteria you like for an
award as  long as it is  listed in the premium. I may not have a rescue or
ILP dog, so   therefore would not be eligible for those awards, and that's
fine,  right?  My qualifying scores or OTCH points earned would still count

towards my AKC  titles/awards.

I don't think any competitor  reads a premium more closely than a
performance exhibitor.   They know what they are eligible for or not
eligible for.

Kathy,  member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd  Champions
visit _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/  _ (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)

In a message dated 10/16/2013 10:16:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight  Time,
_Foxhavengsd@aol.com_ (mailto:Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx)   writes:

Sorry Kathy was not done with the e-mail was trying to save and  continue
but hit send. My point is that it has happened twice now  they worked hard
and
if they are unable to win then why let them enter the  national? To take
their  money and say oops you have the best score  but your dog is white
sorry?
I feel  so sorry for the person because  we bitch and complain that they
won
and take  away their glory and  excitement? We do it to our selfs in
confirmation which  is sad and  now performance? Now wonder people think we
are
snobs and newbies   leave as fast as they came. We are all pissed off all
the
time and can't  own  up that in some cases the dog was not what the judge
wanted.  I am not  talking politics and handlers. Example this  years
National I
put my bitch in  specials and she was not in the  running. I was fine with
it I
know she doesn't  have a lot of rear  drive and she has one speed fast. I
was happy with her  performance  and my young handler did an awesome job.
Others were pissed off   about it. Why because I didn't win because I had a
young
handler and my  bitch  is nice. All through I appreciate that they think I
have a  nice bitch. The  funny part is that I was the one saying why she
was
not chosen. If whites can  not win the huge award they should not be  able
enter. Just like spooks,  bits ect. These are DQ but yet they  win. Why
because some of the DQ you can  hide? Sorry your DQ is more  obvious . Boy
do we
have a double standard. Again  JMO

Denise  Fox
__Foxhavengsd@aol.com__ (mailto:_Foxhavengsd@aol.com_)
(mailto:_Foxhavengsd@aol.com_ (mailto:Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx) )
GCH  Foxhaven-MyJoy Good Girl Gone Bad V Windfall - Rihanna
Foxhaven  Devil in Desquise v Franken Major pointed -Saber

On Oct 16, 2013, at 8:09 AM, __Pinehillgsds@aol.com__
(mailto:_Pinehillgsds@aol.com_)
(mailto:_Pinehillgsds@aol.com_ (mailto:Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx) )   wrote:

Denise, a little history.  Prior to 2012 when, for  whatever reason,  the
"old rules", that a dog w/ a DQ could not win a  top GSDCA award were  left
off
the premium list, dogs who were  eligible for the award were examined  by
an
AKC judge to certify that  had no DQs.

If a dog DID have a DQ, the GSDCA award was not  offered that  year, there
was no giving it to the next in  line.

Remember the dogs w/ DQs were still eligible for AKC awards,  high
Combined
in OB, High in Trial for herding/agility and THAT'S  why people who  had
dogs w/ DQs still entered, for the qualifying  scores/runs, for the OTCH
points
etc. And yes, we took their money  and yes, their scores were recorded  and
the dogs competing got all  of the AKC awards they were eligible for.

If you read the purpose of  the GSDCA, "To define precisely and  publish
definition of the true  type, and to urge the adoption of such types  on
breeders, judges,  dog show committees, etc., as the only recognized  and
unvarying
standard by which the German Shepherd Dog is to be judged,  and which  may
in
the future be uniformly accepted as the sole standard of   excellence in
breeding and awarding prizes of merit; " you  will see  where there is a
conflict with awarding dogs with breed DQs a GSDCA   prize of merit.

A lot of us took that above paragraph to heart.   The proof of  that is how
the ballot questions re DQs and ILPs and  PALs turned  out.

I know you are not old enough to remember the  "conformation  enthusiasts"
who fought so very hard to bring  performance to the level of  recognition
it
has today at our premiere  event.  Several would be turning  in their
graves
at the thought  we even needed to vote on DQs being eligible  for the
awards
they  fought so hard to have included.

I guess  these days we have to  specify "AKC", there are so many  other
venues I get  dizzy.

And for the record, I DO know what it takes to train a High  Combined  dog
and a High Scoring GSD in Utility at a large AKC trial,  having done  it.
am sick to death of those that think top  winning breed dogs in AKC  events
(again I guess we have to specify),  know little more than how to how to
hit
the end of a leash and show  their teeth.  Maybe you can get away with
that
in some of the  other organizations and venues that I am not familiar
with,
truthfully, I have no idea.

Kathy, member GSDCA,   DVGSDC
visit  _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/ _ (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)

In a message  dated 10/16/2013 1:02:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
__Foxhavengsd@aol.com__ (mailto:_Foxhavengsd@aol.com_)
(mailto:_Foxhavengsd@aol.com_ (mailto:Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx) )   writes:

I  totally agree, if we allow white shepherds to show in  all performance
venues  then they deserve the win. I guess I don't  understand why they are
DQ
in  conformation but can enter in all  performance class but if a white
wins
a  high title then the whole  white gsd becomes an issue. Like Amy said its

performance.   Your more then willing to take their entries and money  but
it
is an  issue if they win? Sorry doesn't make sense to  me.

Denise  Fox
__Foxhavengsd@aol.com__ (mailto:_Foxhavengsd@aol.com_)
(mailto:_Foxhavengsd@aol.com_ (mailto:Foxhavengsd@xxxxxxx) )
GCH   Foxhaven-MyJoy Good Girl Gone Bad V Windfall - Rihanna
Foxhaven Devil in Desquise v Franken Major pointed -Saber

On  Oct  15, 2013, at 6:47 PM, "Penny & Bill" <__Ketchy@roadrunner.com__
(mailto:_Ketchy@roadrunner.com_)
(mailto:_Ketchy@roadrunner.com_ (mailto:Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ) >   wrote:

You've got THAT right, Amy.  But a few people I know  just  HAVE TO have
the
last words.  Have at it, people.   Hehehehehe  . . . .

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog  Forever

Come on  people.......so she is white.....she is a  GERMAN SHEPHERD. Her
owner
worked very hard to get her to the  level that she competed in and did
well
enough to become the  Obedience Victrix. They are not judged on  color or
conformation.......they are judged solely on how they go  through the
different exercises needed to score high. Obedience is not
easy......especially at the higher level. I put a CD myself on my  first
Ch.Elway........it was not easy.....but we did it. Give it a  rest and
worry
about something that you can do something  about.......HUGE  CONGRATS TO
RON
AND HIS WHITE OBEDIENCE  VICTRIX.........me thinks it is  time to set
vacation
or go to  digest!!!!
Amy Greenhut
Justrock  German Shepherds
Gen Oak  Leopard Tortoises And Tortoise Rescue
Board  Member Last Hope Safe  Haven
_http://www.lhsh.org_ (http://www.lhsh.org/)
Behold  The Turtle. He  Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A  Quote By James   Conant

POST   is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the
original  author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS of
any  kind are permitted without prior permission of the  original author
AND of

Each Author is  responsible for the content of his/her  post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible  for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

ALL  PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION  OR USE IN ANY

MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE   EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT  IS
EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS  PROHIBITION WILL
BE
PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please  contact the  List Management at
__admin@showgsd.org__ (mailto:_admin@showgsd.org_)
(mailto:_admin@showgsd.org_ (mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx) )

VISIT  OUR  WEBSITE - _http://showgsd.org_ (http://showgsd.org/)
(http://_showgsd.org/mail.html_) (http://showgsd.org/mail.html)
NATIONAL  BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/
[...]

=

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.