[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White German Shepherd Clubs

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 13:41:16 -0700 (PDT)

Depends on which one of the clubs you talk to White Shepherd or white GSD as
they both have different views.  I have no idea how many white
GSD's are registered in the AKC today and apparently the AKC
does not do that information even for themselves anymore.  It would
be a start if we knew however on how the best way to proceed with the
issue.  Why was a letter not sent to the AKC on both issues to have a color
variation
or the letter for Separation of breed for the voters to decide once and for
all?  It seems
what I read is that if they had sent the letter to AKC for the Separation of
Breed as FCI asked for it would have
happened.  Correct me if I am wrong on this which might be the reason the
letter was stopped.

As I see it right now we have the separation of the breed anyway with so many
voicing opinions
against or for the AKC change.

Since I do not own a White Shepherd or white GSD or plan on ever owning one but
would
like for it to be settled so year after year do not need to hear of whether
they should or should not it
be changed.  I do see it all happening again though as history continues to
repeat itself as it always
does.

Theresa

 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White German Shepherd Clubs
 Date: Saturday, October 26, 2013, 3:40 PM

 I don't think they want to change US.
 I think they want the same AKC Benefits that we have. Their
 dogs are AKC Registered; but they can not be shown in
  Conformation. The only solution that I can see is Color
 variation (as many breeds have) or separate Registry as
 a White German Shepherd.

 Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
 Member GSDCA
 President Last Hope of  Georgia 501c3