[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD's

  • From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 16:04:00 EDT

I know, I did
Ann

In a message dated 8/4/2011 2:35:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
ANN I  DIDN'T WRITE WHAT YOU CLIPPED BELOW.

Kathy, member GSDCA,  DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit  _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_ (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)

In a message dated 8/4/2011 2:13:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight  Time,
AGray40366@xxxxxxx writes:

Wasn't there a time when  persons of color couldn't play professional ball
in the majors? I  recall a time when segregation was real, and really
stupid,
and some  people got hurt trying to do the right thing. My parents didn't
raise  me to be a racist, and I don't want to be one now. Color  doesn't
affect  movement or working ability as far as I know. The  stuff about
color and
specific animals herded is pretty thin too, I  hear "sheep" well gsd's
don't
herd sheep for the most part, border  collies are a work of art on sheep.
Big  dogs usually are used on  bigger livestock, cattle. Not to say gsd
can't
herd  sheep and  ducks.....
It's refreshing to see so many post asking the rational  question, "how
does color affect the gsd?"
Haven't heard a  quantifiable answer yet, "because it's in the standard"
just doesn't  do it for me, why is it in the standard, how does it change
or
demean the gsd to be white. White is a color,it's not pale pigment, it's  a

color in it's own right.
Ann

In a message dated  8/4/2011 12:06:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx  writes:

My  personal thoughts are that no matter what happens  any  color or coat
GSD
who  competes at a National in
any  performance  event can take top honors.   Those events are  based  on
performance not looks and if
a white GSD takes  High  In Trial  or High Combined then they deserve to be

the
Obedience    Victor/Victrix.