[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD..... Awards

  • From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: tamaringsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 16:30:47 -0500 (EST)

My brother had his house repainted white. The painter wanted to know what
color trim, he said white. The painter said, you need a color for the trim,
my  brother said "white is a color" He does have a rather drab looking
house, but he  likes it. Point is, it's ok to like white, or other colors, but
it
may be time  to give up some closely held ideas that seemed to work 50
years ago when we  learn (i.e. gain knowledge) that those ideas might not be
entirely right.
I remember when the cardiologist said "don't get the heart  attacks up, you
will kill them" now they say " if you don't get them up and  in
cardiorehab, you will kill them" Sometimes things change when you get more
knowledge
and aren't afraid to explore all the possibilities. Whites have the  same
faults and dq we do except for color. What exactly is the curse of white
color? They seem healthy, they seem sound, I don't get it
Ann

In a message dated 2/8/2012 3:02:30 P.M. Central Standard Time,
tamaringsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

IMHO the  White GSD should not be DQ for color alone. It's time to upgrade
our  'Standard' on color. Why continue being like the followers of the
50's/60's?
I personally prefer the Dark Rich Colored GSD, but that's my  preference. A
White Colored GSD is still a GSD and should not be DQ for Color  alone.
Erika