[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD...??

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 04:29:55 +0000 (UTC)

The Standard is a "moving target"...depending on who's in charge of the target.
I don't show dogs...and my life will not change whether or not whites get
included back into the STANDARD......saying a white shepherd is a different
breed, does not and will not ever make any sense to me.....I remember when
folks used to call babies born of parents who were not married,,,"
illegitimate.....and I remember how arrogant I thought that was.....a bit of a
strong analogy I admitt...Ed
From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Why would we want this Breed to be split into color or coat Class
> Divisions???     This is a working
> Breed and our Standard is built around that cause......not colors and coat
> textures for appearances
> sake in the show ring.    HOW will "Class divisions"  improve the German
> Shepherd Dog and what
> it is bred to be??
> When the GSD cease to become the strong versitile working Breed....and is
> featured & judged by
> a color / coat division we will have lost this Breed.
> The people involved in the white GSD have three 'factions' that do not
> agree on what should be
> done with their white GSD.    How do you expect our Parent Club and AKC
> and even our own
> membership that does not agree on this .....to solve their problem?
> IF we lose members over this......then it would be because those that
> would be members for the
> sole purpose of whatever their agenda is .......of the three factions with
> the whites.
>
> IF we love this Breed ......WE should ALL be concerned about the
> membership in this Parent Club
> and quit being so willing to attack our own!!!      Particularly over coat
> and color!!
>

> The problems with this Breed is not in whether a white can be SHOWN.
> This is a GREAT BREED
> with the Standard as it is......lets put forth this effort for the truly
> serious problems.like puppy
> mills, bad dog laws and some health issues..... and stay true to the
> Standard we have.
>

> Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.Marhaven.com

POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed
in any post.