[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Where wereyou

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:49:31 GMT

I was in Silver Spring, MD, a suburb of Washington, DC.  We were sitting around
after lunch waiting for class to start.  One of our weird classmates came
bouncing into the room and announced KENNEDY'S BEEN SHOT - we waited for the
punch line and of course there wasn't one.  It took a minute or two to absorb
what had happened.  Later they announced the President had died and that
classes were cancelled.  I remember that strangers were crying on the street
and would stop and say DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE PRESIDENT?  Everyone was crying.
I guess what still stands out in my mind was John-John's salute, Blackjack the
horse, the muffled drums, and Ruby shooting Oswald. I still can't get passed a
November 22 without crying.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/arycrest - Link to The Hooligans Albums
Liberty University Online
Earn a bachelors degree online in Nursing. Get free info now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/c?cp=wp7b0bFQNWSY4cW_1eIhHwAAJ1GelRymJ9x4HjViBUg-o6cOAAQAAAAFAAAAAJ2l7T4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABSGmAAAAAA=ÿÿ;