[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Where were you

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:49:51 -0500

I was supposed to start a new job the following Monday...I don't know what I
did that morning, but when the announcement came, I was at my riding club.
From that moment on, everything is as clear as if it happened yesterday.  I
remember we had to close down the stable, because the grooms and stablehands
wouldn't work anymore.   They just stood around by their radios until they
could get home to watch TV.  I remember feeding horses that evening...it was
the quietest I ever remember in the barn, which was usually pretty busy.
        I couldn't reach anyone at my new job over the weekend...so early on
Monday morning,  I took the train into Manhattan and went to my new job at
Conde Nast.  Almost no one was there...so I went down to Grand Central and
took the train back home.
   I remember being glued to the TV all the rest of the time..........as was
everyone else I know.
Peggy