[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Where were you

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SHOWGSD-L <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:14:00 -0700

I was in my first teaching job in Rolla, Missouri, teaching 11th grade English.
The announcement came over the intercom first that the president had been shot,
and then that he was dead. The kids sat there, stunned. Some started to cry. No
one spoke.

Finally, I had them put their heads on their desks, and we waited for the
end-of-school bell to ring. The room was absolutely silent.

Fran Henry