[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Where were you

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:54:08 EST

i was out riding my bicycle after school - my best friend's older sister,
who was all of 12 at the time, found us and told us - we thought she was
joking.  i have never forgotten the drumbeat during the procession in
washington, d.c.
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com

In a message dated 11/22/2009 1:50:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I was  supposed to start a new job the following Monday...I don't know what
did  that morning, but when the announcement came, I was at my riding club.

From that moment on, everything is as clear as if it happened  yesterday.
remember we had to close down the stable, because the  grooms and
stablehands
wouldn't work anymore.   They just stood  around by their radios until they
could get home to watch TV.  I  remember feeding horses that evening...it
was
the quietest I ever remember  in the barn, which was usually pretty busy.
I  couldn't reach anyone at my new job over the weekend...so early on
Monday  morning,  I took the train into Manhattan and went to my new job at

Conde Nast.  Almost no one was there...so I went down to Grand  Central and
took the train back home.
I remember being  glued to the TV all the rest of the time..........as was
everyone else I  know.
Peggy