[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Where we stand

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:27:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2007 2:56:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
Ex  the ballots to Canada I'm just afraid that if we proceed with this
one,It
will be challenged. Helen Miller  Fisher

But Helen, if we don't proceed it can be challenged.  An  election held "out"
of the bylaws could take more of a challenge than one  held within.

I understood many years back the timeline reasoning was to have the  votes in
prior to the nationals.  It removes the politicking from  taking place by
this reasoning.  We need to go  forward........the Canadian problem with
ballots
is in its 3rd year of  problems, and now is not the time to reconsider an
election when this  issue should have been dealt with months ago.
BUT, I do think it is about time something gets given back to the  dues
paying Canadians that have not had the opportunity to  vote.....perhaps next
years
membership for free and assurances that this  issue be looked at by the new
board starting at the January meeting.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA,  GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life member CKC
"Never be afraid to try  something new. Remember that a lone amateur
built the Ark. A large  group of professionals built the  Titanic"