[ SHOWGSD-L ] Where has civility gone?

  • From: Ken and Pat Downing <abraxaskp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsdlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 06:20:05 -0700 (PDT)

Listers,
  I have tried to remain silent and off the list during this election period,
but something has happened and I can stay quiet no longer.

  Today in the mail I received an anonymous letter that was the most vile, sick
and cowardly letter I have ever read. I am sure others received this letter.

  This letter was addressed to me but written to a fellow candidate.  The
content of the ltter was most digusting!

    Anyone who runs for an office or the board of the GSDCA or any organization
grows accustomed to misinformation, partial truths, and inaccuracies.

  This is just part of the risk of running for the board, and we can only hope
that the voting members are smart enough to see the truth. But this letter
crossed the line!

I intend to do all I can to find out who sent this letter which was postmarked
from Royal Oak, Michigan.

  To the sender of this letter, I want you to know that this letter could be
considered a hate letter which carries severe consequences.  Where has civility
gone????

  Regards,
  Ken Downing
913-845-2435
   var callCount = 0; function rmvScroll( msg ) {  if ( ++callCount > 10 ) {
msg.style.visibility = "visible"; }    if ( callCount  msg.clientHeight ) {
newHeight = msg.scrollHeight + delta;  }  delta = msg.offsetWidth -
msg.clientWidth;  delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 );  if (
msg.scrollWidth > msg.clientWidth ) {   newWidth = msg.scrollWidth + delta;  }
msg.style.overflow = "visible";  msg.style.visibility = "visible";    if (
newWidth > 0 || newHeight > 0 ) {   var ssxyzzy = document.getElementById(
"ssxyzzy" );   var cssAttribs = ['#' + msg.id + '{'];   if ( newWidth > 0 )
cssAttribs.push( 'width:' + newWidth + 'px;' );   if ( newHeight > 0 )
cssAttribs.push( ' height:' + newHeight + 'px;' );   cssAttribs.push( '}' );
try {    ssxyzzy.sheet.deleteRule( 0 );    ssxyzzy.sheet.insertRule(
cssAttribs.join(""), 0 );   } catch( e ){}  } } function imgsDone( msg ) // for
Firefox, we need to scan for images that haven't set their width yet {  var
imgList =
 msg.getElementsByTagName( "IMG" );  var len = ((imgList == null)? 0 :
imgList.length);  for ( var i = 0; i
          www.abraxasgsd.com updated 8/2007
  Abraxas Shepherds...The Secret of Success is Consistency of Purpose
  Members GSDCA,Inc.(Ken 10/78, Patty 4/80) & GSDCA-WDA
  Safety and Security www.lockjawsecurity.com