[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Where do you find puppy buyers?

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:00:47 -0500

yes and no, i know you have good intentions................however this will
be utilized by people who think they are going to get rich quick on breeding
and selling backyard bred puppies.
However if you want to educate the public how to find reputable breeders
rather than backyard breeders you can refer them to AKC breeder referral,
the GSDCA website ads, and local kennel clubs and maybe a list of criteria
when looking that would give them good indications that a breeder is
reputable rather than the usual newspaper ads that say champion large bone
puppies, when in actuality the pup has one champion 5 generations back and
two dogs were thrown together just to make a quick buck with no thoughts and
research of health and bloodlines etc. .
But teaching people how to sell their GSD pups will invite backyard breeders
to use all the same tools as reputable breeders and will be very hard to
tell reputable from the scam artist. Frankly anyone reputable should have a
following, sell puppies by others buyers referrals and have a waiting list
for well bred puppies.

I'm sorry Cyndy I may be just reading you wrong. I know your intentions are
good.
AMY SAFDIR
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com