[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: When you ask a judge......

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: louroshepherds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:10:46 EDT

While appreciating all the pros and cons, And thinking it over deeply, it is
my firm belief that a few words as you are excusing the class, handing out the
ribbons, doing the last walk by,   would do much for both the exhibitors and
you, the judge.   I remember all the judges that told me a few words, both
positive and negative, appreciated their time,   and I remember what they said.

Never did argue with them or get in their face.   Those that found time to
fuss over the winners, but ignored the rest or the question of the handler is
remembered, too.   I don't think that the owner/handler/whomever's possible
anger with correct and tactful comment is so prevalent that it should stop the
encouraging or correcting words.
I don't think that the fact that we should know our dogs shortcomings,
therefore the judge shouldn't point it out is the answer.   Why is one dog's
shortcomings less attractive to the judge that the other?   We are told that no
dog
is perfect, so explaining why this particular judge dislikes long feet more
than lighter eyes will help us in the future, keep the long feet home, but take
chance on the lighter eyes with THAT Judge.   We all keep notes on judges,
and would like to have some real input, not guesswork.

AKC discourages conversation with the exhibitors?   What a rude way to take
our money!   And judges in ALL breeds are talking and commenting over the ring
ropes, so it may be discouraged, but certainly isn't practiced.

Just my opinion

Stormy Hope

www.FairhopeGSD.com