[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: When do you know it's Time?

  • From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:03:11 -0500

only you can say if you have "quit" or the "thrill is gone".. for me,
although I am not actively breeding and only show minimally, the thrill of
the breed, of seeing my dogs out and about, hearing back from clients (and I
haven't had a litter of my own in 3 years either) still gets me excited -I
know people who have attained the GV title on their dog and quit - no more
GSDs, no more showing.. that, to me is "quitting" - loving the breed keeps
me interested and involved, regardless of the level..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com<http://www.shadowacre.com/>

That is very well stated Sue.  I haven't had a litter in longer than that and I
can't work with my dogs as well now because of this darn foot but loving the
breed keeps me involved and participating.  This is the best breed there is
(tho I am not going to say that when visiting my niece in Madison, WI for Xmas
since they have Golden Retrievers - nice dogs but not the same as a GSD!!).

Tish