[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Whelpwise

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:42:21 EDT

I have received so many questions asking me what was Whelpwise that I think
it will be easier to do it to "All" rather than individually.

Whelpwise is a service that rents a uterine contraction monitor and an  ultra
sound device to be used during pregnancy and whelping.  It is a small  device
attached to a belt that you put on your bitch - the device records
information that it is then transmitted to the Whelpwise center 24 hrs a  day
and 7
days a week, via your telephone.  Uterine contractions and fetal  heart rate
are
transmitted to the specially trained  obstetrical Whelpwise staff.  You can
then confirm that all is going  well or that there are some problems.
Monitoring the heart rate of the  puppies during the last days of pregnancy and
during
whelping can help you  identify whether puppies are doing well or are in
stress.

I heard about it from Lew Bunch and then from Bill Pfeiffer.  I talked  to my
vet about it and she thought it was a great idea.  I have now ordered  the
equipment and I am awaiting arrival.  You can get more information  about it at
_http://www.whelpwise.com/_ (http://www.whelpwise.com/)

 Nala is due August 15 - I will let you all know how it works.

Dania - who after 35 years in the breed still gets nervous at whelping  time.