[ SHOWGSD-L ] Whelping help!

  • From: Schipstar@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:24:53 EDT

All things considered, I would have insisted on a C-section after the second
oxy shot.  No sense endangering your girl, I'm wondering why they even sent
you home with her, poor baby!
I'd get her back right away and tell them to do a C-section!

Lynn

In a message dated 5/22/2005 10:18:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Began having puppies last night, one pup at 10 pm...next pup came still born
at 1:00 am...nothing after that, (30 days ago the ultra-sound said 5) , 6:00
am rushed to the emergency Vet,,,ex-rays showed one pup, most likley dead, vet
gave an oxy shot, no results, 30 minutes later gave a second oxy shot, 45
minutes later no results, vet sent me home with a third dose of oxy, which I
just
gave 5 minutes ago, vet says if nothing I need to do a c-section in three
hours..bitch is not stressing, nor has she throughout the entire ordeal ( I'm
stressing)...she is passing the worse smelling gas I have ever smelled, and
remember I worked in a prison!..has no unusual discharge...help or
suggestions.....know I know why I have not done this in over six years...I'm
getting too old
for this %$#@ !  Ed Hill

Lynn Brown - Ebonystar Schipperkes/Angelsgate Rescue
Post Office Box 92283 - Long Beach, CA 90809 (562) 428-9832
...special dogs for special people since 1972