[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Whelping Question

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:36:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/2009 7:08:52 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It  has been 5-1/2 years since our last litter of puppies. Mystery's 63rd.
day from the first breeding is July 20th. Today is only the 14th. She  was
very ancy last night......not wanting to settle. This morning she  will not
eat and she is normally a great eater. My question is  this....Is it
possible that she ovulated before the first  breeding???  I only got two
breedings
two days in a row and Mick  could not breed her the third day. I was
thinking puppies possibly  Friday, Sat. but today is too early.  Could she
poosibly
just be  uncomfortable because the puppies are moving??? I really did not
think that there would be any puppies until at least Thursday.  If  anyone
has any ideas I would appreciate it.  I think that I will be  sticking very
close to her now. TIA.

Guess this is why I like doing progesterone tests Amy,  but usually
ovulation occurs 2-3 days before the bitch is very receptive  to being bred
(and I
am saying usually, some bitches are different) and  you count from
ovulation, not when bred.  Take a temp and watch her  careful, could be time,
and
good luck!

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark
**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.