[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What's the matter with kids today? Why can't they be like we were?

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:45:36 -0700 (PDT)

There was a dance held at the hotel at the Oregon national. Not with the
dinner. But a separate happening. Everyone had a ball.
  Terry
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 10/3/06 7:16:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Didn't there used to be music or a dance afterwards?

The club dropped the music idea, it seemed we were all getting too old to
party. So, in Los Angeles, I decided to do it on my own, (with club approval).
I interviewed bands, and got tapes to listen to. It amazed me that I got
over 100 applicants, and most sounded like fifth graders or the first time the
band played in The Music Man.

I finally went with a DJ, and it seemed like fun. I went to bed, but I heard
that many enjoyed it. Then the club did it again for a couple of years, and
it again died out.

If we want the young crowd, we have to remember they think differently than
we do. We should have a band, or a DJ, and we should offer something later
into the evenings. Even if I won't be there.

Evan (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

starting at 1¢/min.