[ SHOWGSD-L ] What's the best reasons not to put SOD.

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, k9krazz@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:19:15 -0400 (EDT)

These are all good points Helen, but apparently this new flooring is state
of the art....and remember, its what Purina has put in their place also.
So if you don't care for it in Topeka, then throw Purina farms out too.
There have been many dog shows at this place and apparently no
complaints....as we know, news travels fast in the dog world.
If this was another dirt arena, I would be screaming for sure, but we have
not tried this AND the board went there and did a site visit and already
approved this.

As a handler, I think Greg posted yesterday this turf was good and he has
ran on it. So......
This board MUST think everything in terms now of financial constraint.
And this should have been a considered position long before 3 weeks prior
to the national.
Too many snap decisions have been made by some of the board this year and
then reversed. Five of them I think so far.   Enough is enough  folks!

Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, lifetime  member CKC
"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the  light"

In a message dated 9/5/2011 5:22:12 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

On the  other hand ,if the  astro turf
has been upgraded from the   earlier days,made smoother and  softer,so dogs
pads are not   affected,making dogs lame,and the surface has  been "dog
tested"  we should be open to the change,