[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What would motivate you?

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ELG440@xxxxxxx" <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, "vicki.roye@xxxxxxxxx" <vicki.roye@xxxxxxxxx>, "TISHW@xxxxxxx" <TISHW@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:42:12 -0800 (PST)

Question: If the GSDCA only has maybe 2200 to 2500 members (from what I am
told) then how did the show line breeders make the German Shepherd #2 in
registrations?

Joan F. Fox
website:  http://www.campaignersgsds.com
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023

Cell: 440-759-4119

>________________________________

  etc.

>I don't accept a premise that easily.  I would think that most of the
litters being born are from people that have no interest in registration. They
just want to breed Queen to Duke and show the kids the puppies.  I think
those who register have at least a passing interest in the AKC, and probably
are
the more serious breeders.

>Again, I have nothing to base that on, other than common sense.  Many
of the puppy buyers I see have to be urged to register their dogs. They have no
interest in paying more money to let the AKC know who they are.

>I would think most backyard breeder, or hobby breeders would see no reason
to register their dogs.

>Evan
Ginsburg
>Asgard German Shepherds