[ SHOWGSD-L ] What we want in movement

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:35:02 -0800

Been there and seen that at German shows here.. ..............and they ALL PACE
off lead!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  ----- Original Message ----- PREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
  Maybe we  should train the dogs to gait along side of owner/handler  OFF
LEAD,as the Germans do.
   Normally most judges ( at sometime during  their  judging)ask each dog to go
around individually .
  That would be  the time that it  could be done off lead.   Remember  Kristal
running around the ring by
  herself,when her lead was  dropped. Wasn't that a Picture of  a natural true
suspensedf  gait!!

  I like the idea, but isn't it against AKC rules to have a dog off  lead?
  Evan  Ginsburg
  Asgard German Shepherds