[ SHOWGSD-L ] What we want in movement

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:05:41 EST

In a message dated 11/3/09 5:11:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,  V
PREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
Maybe we  should train the dogs to gait along side of owner/handler  OFF
LEAD,as the Germans do. Normally most judges ( at sometime during  their
judging)ask each dog to go around individually . That would be  the time
that it
could be done off lead.   Remember  Kristal running around the ring by
herself,when her lead was  dropped. Wasn't that a Picture of  a natural
true
suspensedf  gait!!

I like the idea, but isn't it against AKC rules to have a dog off  lead?

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/