[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What we want in movement

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 06:12:38 -0800

Do you mean, 1985 US Grand Victrix, 1984 US GVx, Am/Can. Ch. Lynrik's
Kristal TC?  I believe she had a stellar career, not only being the breed's
queen for the year, but was a top winning special in the All Breeds after
she went GVx.

This is the critique that Connie Beckhardt gave:

"A very feminine, beautiful and typey bitch with a lovely head and dark,
well shaped eyes. She has a very nice shoulder, a good withers and a strong
back and excellent croup. She is not over angulated but very correct at both
ends and is sound coming and going. In motion, she has an effortless,
floating gait. She never took a wrong step and showed with incredible
showmanship. When her leash was dropped due to her handler taking a minor
spill in the ring, Kristal just went on gaiting around the arena with such
style and beauty she took my breath away. A very worthy Grand Victrix."
-Connie Beckhardt
(http://gsdca.org/GSDReviewed/Lbitches/LynrikKristal.html)

I saw her on the GSDCA video -- that moment when Leslie dropped the lead --
the crowd (and I do mean crowd == the place was packed) went nuts.  That was
a year before I got started in the breed.  As a side note -- has anyone
who's bought the old tapes or maybe doesn't have them noticed that the GSDCA
now has the "historical series" of DVD's -- 3 years each per DVD -- starting
with 75-76-78, and so on, right up to 2005.  I spent many an hour watching
videos, was good learning.

Kathaleen