[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What we want in movement

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:32:24 -0500

"Pam Stoesser" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:  "He was the 1980 German
Sieger."

The dog was actually the 1983 World Sieger, not 1980.  He was whelped in
1978.  His name is VA1 Dingo vom Haus Gero.  (Not Dingo Haus Geran, as
someone stated.)  Here's the link to his picture and pedigree:
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/39.html

If anyone can't get to the picture, let me know and I'll be glad to e-mail
this picture to you.

Just as Terry said in a previous post, I would love to own a dog that could
move like this.  However, could this dog win today?  Take a look at his
stacked picture.  Not exactly a pretty typey dog by today's standard.  I'd
still take him for that movement, but would breed something *really* pretty
to him.  <G>

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam